Define Your Restaurant POS System
Defining your Restaurant POS system includes the hardware and software that your restaurant will need. This is the important first step, without a good understanding of your POS requirements you will waste a lot of time investigating POS solutions that do not satisfy your needs. You must have a good understanding of your POS requirements before you can request POS quotes from providers.
Here are some things to consider when Defining your Restaurant POS System:
Type of restaurant:
- Fine dining
- Quick serve
- Eat-in or
and Staffing needs
Next, consider your restaurant POS system must have requirements, features and options needed to operate efficiently. Here are a few things to consider:
- Number of POS terminals, tablets and handhelds
- Number of cash drawers for bar, cashier and drive-thru
- Number of customer displays at POS terminals (optional)
- Drive-thru order confirmation board (optional)
- Caller ID interface for phone-in ordering
- Back office PC with report printer (optional)
- POS network, wireless access and DSL requirements
- Reservations and wait list module
- Liquor control and monitoring interface
- Time keeping and labor scheduling module
- Online ordering from your website interface
- Credit card merchant provider and loyalty interfaces
- Mobile payments, pay at the table and gift card interfaces
Once this is complete, you can begin investigating restaurant POS systems, scheduling demonstrations and requesting quotes from qualified POS providers.
OVERWHELMED? WE CAN HELP!
We’ll define your restaurant POS system including hardware and software requirements based on your needs.
Let’s make sure your system is properly defined!
We can save you valuable time, money and aggravation.
Please complete this form so we can get to work!
Thank You for Submitting Your Information